Supposedly it’s #internationaldayofhappiness today.
Yes, some person somewhere chose a Monday in what seems like the longest month ever, to declare a day of forced happiness.
You really wouldn’t know it from the number of horns I heard blaring on the way to work this morning. Or the number of miserable faces I encountered as I trekked through the rain to get lunch.
But still, in a bid to embrace this most marvellous of days…here are 21 very special things you may not already have known about me.
21 things that make me HAPPY!
1. My children…of course! When they aren’t making me want to pull my ears off, or hide in a cupboard that is
2. The husband. Kind of have to say that. Feel’s like it would be wrong to leave him off the list!
3. Hendricks gin…most marvellous
4. Talking to my mum…last year they went away on a cruise for pretty much a month, and I couldn’t speak to her. I couldn’t even text her. It was awful. She makes me rage quite often, but she’s fabulous and I can’t be without her.
5. Summer…mainly for the ice creams
7. Fireworks. No matter what time of year. But woe betide anyone who lets off fireworks that wake my children!
9. Friendship. The most wonderful thing on the planet
11. Milkshakes, especially super thick strawberry ice cream ones – Ed’s Diner seems to be the best place for these at the moment
12. New York. Or more like memories of New York and films/books/TV shows featuring this amazing city
13. Harry Potter. Just that. Love it!
15. Parties. Big ones, small ones, discos, boozy…I just love a gathering.
16. Seeing other people happy
19. Typography. I just love seeing it, searching out new fonts, fiddling around with lettering, reading old quotes in new and interesting formats!
20. Interior design. Not in a pretentious Kelly Hoppen, yas daaahling way, but Pinteresting the heck out of a Monday evening to get some inspiration for doing up the utility room type stuff…and spending money I don’t have building new kitchens in my head!
21. Hot chocolate. For the win. Always.
There’s plenty more (I missed chorizo, generally eating, sleep, hot baths and cuddles to name just a few) but why go whole hog on #internationalhappinessday?! Too much of a good thing is bad for you, right?!
What makes you happy?! Share folks, share!